Monday, August 17, 2009

Retract this

So, apparently, a friend of mine suggested that my previous post about the PGA Championship coverage may have potential to get me in trouble at work, and it may. He also suggested that it is more of a "bitch" piece than informative, and it was. This blog is not intended to be informative to the audience which I've already indicated is really only me. It is a means of verbalizing my frustrations into a visable format. This allievates some of my need to voice my opinions, which could get me in a lot more trouble more quickly.

Back to the previous post; I do not believe that all PGA Professionals are at odds with their course counterparts. I'm sure a large number of them really do appricate the work that goes into providing a beautiful golf course. There are many players on the PGA tour who credit the maintenance team constantly. In fact, I would say this is the rule rather than the exception on tour. My position lies solely with my experiences with the PGA personel I have worked with in my short tenure as a golf course superintendent. Watching and listening to the broadcast over the weekend just stirred some bitterness within me and I decided to write about it.

Again, I realize that not everyone associated with the PGA is an ass. I was upset and dissapointed that during their best opportunity to showcase the symbiotic relationship it has with the GCSAA (Golf Course Superintendent's Association of America) and its members it failed to do so. Perhaps its "younger brother syndrome."

1 comment: